Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The Nerves Cometh

I leave for Ghana tomorrow. I can't seem to shake this sick feeling that has settled into the pit of my stomach and seems quite comfortable there. I'm blaming Mervin (yes, I've named the feeling, his name is Mervin) on nerves. Nerves based on the fact that I am leaving for Ghana tomorrow. And although nervous, I think Mervin may also be made up of excitement as well.
I'm still terrified though.
It hasnt really hit me that I just saw my dad for the last time in six months. That I just had my last hug and my last smile from him in a very long time. It will hit soon and it will be interesting.
Not much has sunk in for me yet.
Maria has decided to not join us in Ghana this year. I must respect her choice but I'm still going to miss the heck out of her.
Other than losing one group member/friend, everything seems to be working out for me. I do feel like I can confidently say that I am ready to go to Ghana. But yet Mervin wants me to chain myself to a tree... Really, deep down, I think Mervin is more scared at the idea of NOT going to Ghana... But still, he is a persistent friend who only seems to subside when I take deep breaths.
I need to breath... I'm going to go do that.
I will write again when I am in Ghana.

I love you all,
Peace,
Aryn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good morning ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I had been looking as far as something that exact brand. The prices due to the fact that the velcros were around 240 bucks on every site. But completely I set this area selling them for half price. I in reality want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order those. what can you say about it?